Interest in content marketing over the past few years means that competition has never been stronger and it has never been harder to rise above the noise online and get noticed. Great content marketing consultants understand this and know how to create and promote content that gets your business in front of your ideal audience.
The definition of content marketing is:
Content marketing is a marketing technique of creating and distributing relevant and valuable content to attract, acquire, and engage a clearly defined and understood target audience – with the objective of driving profitable customer action.
What Does A Content Marketer/Strategist Do?
A content marketer is someone who creates content that resonates with the target market. They do this by:
- Conducting audience research and building personas;
- Performing content audits of your business and your competitors;
- Deciding upon the strategy for what kind of content to create, when to publish, and how to create it.
Depending on the content marketing consultant, they may create the content for you but more likely they will find freelance writers and designers who will create the content for you. The content marketer will then either promote the content themselves by seeding it online or will work with your SEO/outreach person to spread the content online.
What Types Of Content Are Involved?
The type of content produced for your business will vary depending on your audience, your business’s needs, and what your competition has already done (or not done) successfully. However, types of content may include:
- Blog content;
- Scrolling visualizations;
- Other interesting content on your conversion pages to increase your rankings and conversion rates.